The Level 3 Diploma in Waste Water Treatment is a combined qualification covering the underpinning knowledge and practical skills required by a waste water treatment operator.
This qualification covers the underpinning knowledge and practical skills in the following units:
- Water Treatment and Networks - Regulation and Compliance
- Water Treatment and Networks - Science and Applied Mathematics
- Waste Water - Preliminary Treatment
- Waste Water - Primary Treatment
- Waste Water - Fixed Film Biological Treatment
- Waste Water - Activated Sludge Processes
- Waste Water - Tertiary Treatment
- Waste Water - Small Works and Package Plants
- Waste Water - Nutrient Removal
- Waste Water - Sludge Treatment and Recycling
- Waste Water - Sludge Digestion
- Waste Water - Nuisance Control
- Waste Water - Pumping Stations
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. There is a requirement for learners to provide evidence generated in the workplace and must therefore have access to the working environment and tasks that allow them to complete the qualification.
Delivery is a mixture of classroom sessions and on site assessment.