The Level 3 Diploma in Network Construction Operations is a competency based qualification that requires learners to demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed by those working as a supervisor in a construction team on the water network.
This qualification covers the underpinning knowledge and practical skills to be able to:
- Carry out risk assessments for water network construction operations
- Carry out operational planning for water network construction operations
- Reduce risks to health and safety during network construction operations
- Protect the environment during network construction operations
- Locate and avoid supply apparatus and sub-structures
- Monitor signing, lighting and guarding
- Monitor excavation in the highway
- Implement installation and construction methods and procedures for water network construction operations
- Monitor the installation and construction process for network construction operations
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. The majority of evidence collected for this qualification must be generated from real work activities. Therefore, learners must be working in a supervisory role undertaking network construction activities.
Assessment takes place within the workplace.