eLearning Developer at Watertrain Ltd.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Watertrain as a permanent E-Learning Coordinator & Developer.
We are a training provider specialising in apprenticeships and bespoke offerings within the water industry. Reporting to the Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager, your role will primarily be focused on the design, development, implementation and evaluation of innovative online learning resources as part of our blended learning offer.
This role would suit someone who is enthusiastic about learning with strong personal organisation and project management skills. You will need to be able to manage multiple work projects simultaneously and work closely with our Learning & Development Coaches to help guide and shape their ideas into high quality online learning content. You will also be expected to support the development and administration of an online learning management system.
Excellent communication skills are essential to this role as the successful candidate will be dealing with staff at all levels and subject matter experts across the organisation.
We are looking for an individual with proven experience in creating digital content and supporting learning and development in a professional setting, as well as a qualification in e-learning design.
Experience of Adult Learning and/or Apprenticeships would also be beneficial.
As part of the selection process for this post, all shortlisted applicants will be asked to prepare a piece of work to present at the start of their interview. A brief will be shared when invited to interview.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
• Design, development, implementation and evaluation of innovative online learning solutions
• Creating interactive multimedia learning resources
• Designing learning modules and training support materials
• An expectation to provide real time support via calls or emails to the delivery team
• Supporting the administration and development of an online learning management system
• Adapting off-the-shelf VLE products
• Modifying content for use on other platforms, like mobile phones or tablets
• Making sure security measures are in place to control access
• Staying up to date with the latest design methods and technologies
• Maintaining a VLE on an ongoing basis
Skills and knowledge:
• Knowledge of Adult Learning and/or Apprenticeships
• Proven experience of creating learning and development solutions
• The ability to use your initiative
• Self-managing and working to agreed timescales
• The ability to work well with others
• To be flexible and open to change
• Customer service skills
• To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• A qualification in e-Learning design as well as having practical experience of applying those principles
Learning & Development Opportunities with Watertrain
We are looking for people with a real passion to pass on their knowledge, skills and experience to both new comers to the sector and to those who need upskilling.
Watertrain continues to be very successful in securing contracts with water companies across the country. The majority of this new business is for the delivery of the new Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard – Water Process Technician.
Are you a dynamic, personable and enthusiastic individual with operational experience in at least one of the following areas?
• Water Treatment • Waste Water Treatment • Water Distribution – Network • Water Distribution – Leakage • Waste Water Network
We are looking for people to teach the knowledge aspects of the programme to small groups of learners in a classroom setting. We also need people who can do the one to one coaching and competency assessment on site with the learner.
Previous experience in teaching or training would obviously be great but not necessary. You will need the drive and enthusiasm to want to learn. Watertrain will provide all the training and support towards the relevant classroom teaching and assessment qualifications, as well as ongoing coaching and CPD.
Please click on the menu to the left to have a look at the programme units. This will give you an idea of some of the areas your knowledge and experience should relate to. We have a number of roles available and these could be on an associate or employed basis.
If this is something you are interested in, then please get in touch. Please forward your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you for an initial chat.